Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: pastoral
From: Kevin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:27:37 -0800

 Listees,
  I have a few sets of plans for pastoral pipes.  An interesting thing is I
took the dimensions for a Coyne narrow bore in D and extended the bore out
by adding a foot joint.  By using the same reamer plus the one built for the
extra five and a half inches  I got a working chanter.
  Any narrow bore chanter has the added ability of being cross fingered.  A
combination of reed and fancy fingerings can give you an extended range of
just a few notes all the way to a whole other octave.  As with all these
sets of pipes constructed for the spoiled aristocracy these things are a
real pain.  Once you have all the parts working well they can be fun to
play.  Key words, Parts and working together.
   K S