Subject: Re: clientside scripting, tan(Re: Big Ten logo)
From: Ben Haskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:34:21 -0800

Gary Munch wrote:

> On the whole, html links are far more robust and versatile than any JS/ecma
> script link I've every encountered.

Amen! I am annoyed by a lot of the stuff that you cited too.

Wasn't scripting designed as a gimmick to enable "web designers" to
charge a lot of money for something anybody could do with the free
Netscape Composer?

Otherwise, is some sort of scripting required for secure e-commerce? Or
is that available in plain HTML as well? If so, my ignorant
"shooting-from-the-hip" / "knee-jerk" comments above apply to info web
sites only.

-- Ben Haskell