Subject: Re: Unreadability
From: Hrant H Papazian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:04:43 -0800

Becky Davis wrote:
> every active/serious/employed *print-publication* designer I've
> ever met uses Macs

Of course. That's pretty much the same in the US
and Europe too. But I'm talking about on-screen type
technology, and the contributions of MS typography to
the field of extended screen reading, which is currently
a much more significant area than graphic design software,
and the "text mud" they produce.

When it comes to addressing the reading a lot of text
on-screen, you have to target Joe Shmoe, on Windows 98.
Not least because the guys setting all that text we
read (DTPers) never read actually it!

hhp