Subject: Re: Fraktur Uber Alles Baby
From: Harvey Fishman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:07:00 -0500

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Andy Crewdson wrote:

> >The _New York Times_ is controlled by the Ochs-Sulzberger family
> >and their religion is quite conspicuous; WQXR, the radio station of
>
> Not to go too far off topic, but I think many people would disgaree with
> religion being quite conspicuous in the NYT. In fact, I think the family
> has tried to make it just the opposite. Recently a good book came out about
> the family (a year or two ago) which was excerpted in the New Yorker
> (that's what I'm basing this on).

Continuing to wildly plunge off-topic, I did not mean to imply that the
Sulzbergers' Judaism is evident in the newspaper; it is not.  What I meant
is that their Judaism is evident in New York City other than in the paper.
The book that you are thinking of is probably _The Trust_ by Susan E. Tifft
and Alex S. Jones, Little, Brown and Company, Boston, New York, & London,
1999, ISBN 0-316-84546-9.  I have the book and have read it.  In fact,that
was a major part of what I was basing MY comments on. ;-)

Harvey

 Harvey Fishman   |
[log in to unmask] |           A little heresy is good for the soul.
  718-258-7276    |