Re: VB Automation Objects in client htm pages

"John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:36:02 -0500

At 03:09 PM 02/07/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>I have written an ActiveX DLL - a wrapper on Microsoft's DOM (in VB )which I
>need to use in an HTML page and pass it two DOM Documents.
>
>However, with the 'new ActiveXObject' method jscript returns an error: can't
>create automation error.

What's the string you're passing the method? The JScript statement should
look something like this:
    var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");
This assumes you're using the most current MSXML.DLL -- the one released in
October -- and that you installed it in "replace mode" rather than
"side-by-side" mode. Does that help?

John E. Simpson | "Is it weird in here, or is it just
http://www.flixml.org | me?" -- Steven Wright
XML Q&A: www.xml.com |