Subject: [Off-topic] Book Design Trade Practices
From: Kent Lew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:00:19 -0500

Sorry for the off-topic post:

Are any of the list members professional freelance book designers who would be willing to correspond with me *off-list* regarding current trade practices -- especially as regards the assignment of rights? I'm specifically looking for information about and examples of arrangements with publishers that could serve as alternatives to the abhorrent work-for-hire contract.

-- Kent.

Kent Lew, Design & Illustration
Washington, MA 01223-9796 USA
413/623-0212 voice/fax