Subject: Re: GD&R
From: Curtis Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:12:07 -0800

At 03:52 PM 2/23/01, Hrant H Papazian wrote:
>Curtis Clark wrote:
> > Okay, you totally lost me.
>
>The reform does not change language. It changes
>the letterform concepts that type designers use
>when making a font. This, even if the reform
>were to use linguistic data to arrive at
>the recommended structures.

I'm still lost. I thought you were making the point that ideal letter forms
might differ among languages that use the same alphabet (and I and a number
of others agree). But the paragraph above still doesn't make sense.

Biological Sciences Department             Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University      FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032  USA                  [log in to unmask]