Re: Fraktur Boumas

"Rolf F. Rehe" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:24:15 +0100

>"Rolf F. Rehe" wrote:
>
> > Perhaps my remark reflected my own (impatient) bias toward legibility
> > insights that are directly applicable to the use of Latin type faces.
>
>Ah so! (couldn't resist), your previous post refers to the comparison
>between English and Chinese? This comparison has the potential to get to
>the heart of reading mechanism(s).
>
>Once reading mechanism is resolved, then we can ask questions about
>Latin type faces.
>
>Well, I guess we can always ask the questions even before mechanism
>is resolved!

Generous of you to say so. I thought it was by asking questions that
mechanisms (or any other challenges) can be resolved - or at least
clarified.

> > I did not mean to question the validity of the ongoing discussion and
> > I am sorry if my remarks conveyed that impression. In fact, I think
> > this particular discussion is one of the most valuable and
> > interesting one that I have experienced on this list.
>
>Thanks, my ego is satisfied.
>
>-- Ben Haskell

You seem to take my remark as patronizing your comments. Actually I
refer to the discussion and its many voices. I still think it is a
highly interesting exchange.

Rolf

Design Research International
- Quality and Innovation -