Subject: Re: Fraktur Boumas
From: Ben Haskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Feb 2001 05:03:45 -0800

"Rolf F. Rehe" wrote:

> Perhaps my remark reflected my own (impatient) bias toward legibility
> insights that are directly applicable to the use of Latin type faces.

Ah so! (couldn't resist), your previous post refers to the comparison
between English and Chinese? This comparison has the potential to get to
the heart of reading mechanism(s).

Once reading mechanism is resolved, then we can ask questions about
Latin type faces.

Well, I guess we can always ask the questions even before mechanism is resolved!

> I did not mean to question the validity of the ongoing discussion and
> I am sorry if my remarks conveyed that impression. In fact, I think
> this particular discussion is one of the most valuable and
> interesting one that I have experienced on this list.

Thanks, my ego is satisfied.

-- Ben Haskell