Subject: Re: Pentagram; was: Stymie stymies reading.
From: "Nguyen, Phan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:50:11 -0800

> I would find it difficult to make broad categorical statements about
> Pentagram's design. Forget the amazing differences between, say, Kit
> Hinrichs in San Francisco and April Greiman in Los Angeles; even
> within the New York office I'd have a hard time talking about Abbott
> Miller's design and Paula Scher's in the same breath.

Agreed. I was specifically making a broad categorical statement about the
mostly but not exclusively Paula Scher component of the New York branch of
Pentagram, and additionally referring to those responsible for the redesign
of MacWorld.

It's my fault for not being exact about it, when I originally wrote:

> I never had much respect for Pentagram to start with, but they're doing
> what
> they presumably do best, which is to listen to the market.

But as a broad categorical statement, it's still rather innocuous, isn't it?

Perhaps I should have written, "I have never cared much for Pentagram,"
because then my generalization would have been more in sync with my apathy.
:-)

...or maybe :-|