Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: protein determination
From: Clarkson Nancy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:31:38 -0000

I am interested in measuring the protein content in marine microalgae. I am
aware of a number of methods used (Lowry, Bradford etc.), and some of the
drawbacks. I would appreciate any advice on use of the methods, from people
who routinely carry out protein determination, especially on preparation of
the algal culture.
Thanks in advance
Nancy Clarkson

Dr Nancy Clarkson
School of Biological and Earth Sciences
Liverpool John Moores University
Byrom Street
L3 3AF

Tel: +44 (0)151 2312367
Fax: +44 (0)151 2073224
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since
1995 can be found at