Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: ALGAE-L: teaching with case studies
From: Kirsten Hintze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:05:38 -0700

Hello Algal Aficionados,

I am exploring the use of case studies to teach phycology.  I've learned
the basics on how to use cases to teach inquiry-based laboratories, but now
I need some good cases!  Does anyone have cases currently being used, or
have some good stories/problems that could adapted to case-study format,
which you could send me?  Also, it would be helpful to hear any suggestions
about teaching any life sciences using case studies.

Many thanks for any ideas!

Kirsten Hintze
Department of Plant Biology
Arizona State University

please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since
1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l/default.html