Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  January 2001

AFRIK-IT January 2001

Forthcoming election for ISOC Boarf of Trustees

George Sadowsky <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:14:08 -0500

All,

I would like to follow Wawa's recent comment regarding petition
candidates with another request.

Those of you who have attended the ISOC Network Training Workshops
surely know of Alan Greeneberg's dedication to the cause of assisting
developing countries exploit the Internet.  I'd like to ask you for
your help in ensuring that he gets on the ballot.  He is a petition
candidate, and he needs more signatures to have his name placed on
the ballot.  I encourage you to add your names to his petition, and
naturally, if he succeeds to get on the ballot, I encourage you to
vote for him also.

To add your name to his petition to get on the ballot, you just need
to send e-mail to:

stating your name, your ISOC membership number, and saying that you
support him being on the ballot.  More complete information is
available at:

        http://www.isoc.org/members/vote/2001election/petition.shtml

Supporting his getting on the ballot does not obligate you in any
further manner.

Alan and I have worked together for almost 6 years running the
network training workshops.  Together with a group of dedicated
volunteers,  he and I have spent thousands of hours assisting
countries to build strong infrastructures and take charge of their
own destinies in cyberspace.  He is a dedicated volunteer who
understands the international aspects of the Internet and its
relationship to development like few others do.  He is involved and
dedicated, and I want to see him on the Board.  I hope that you'll
give him that opportunity.

The deadline for petition candidates is only a few days away.    I
hope that you'll agree with me that Alan is worthy of being on the
ballot and will provide him with the needed support quickly.

George Sadowsky
Vice-President for Education and Member of the Board of Trustees
The Internet Society

At 5:50 PM -0100 1/29/01, Wawa Ngenge wrote:
>Hello All
>
>In support of what Cynthia has said, all the petitioners need the support
>of ISTF members in that the vote for the petition, which expires on
>February 5th, is not as such a vote of support or of election, but for