Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: macroalgae/microalgae in sewage/power plants
From: Frederick Uy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Dec 2000 06:06:30 +0000

Dear List,
      Greetings! I did a study on the microalgae found in cooling towers of
geothermal power plants and I used different chemicals at different
concentrations to kill these algae. I also noted at which substrate it was
most effective either on wood, PVC, or metal/steel. I already had a data and
am starting to write the manuscript. Although one thing prevented me from
finishing it and that was lack of literatures/references. I was hoping if
someone could send me a study related to what I have done. Thank you very
much for your help. Chemical treatments on algae studies are also useful.

Regards,
Frederick

Frederick A. Uy
Biology Department
University of San Carlos
Nasipit, Talamban
6000 Cebu
Philippines

please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since
1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l/default.html