XML-L November 2000

Re: General XML info needed

MF <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:37:05 -0600

There seems to be a contigent of people angling for XML's use in the
knowledge management and knowlege sharing world.  This seems similar to what
you are talking about- why it would be useful to put application development
documents in XML form.

In this case,  all XML does is provide a uniform format, and a way of
accessing information beyond the document level.  (e.g., that is, I can
access all login specifications concerning the consumer business industry,
rather than only being able to access the more general and lengthly
specification of the entire application - which presumably is the old word
doc format)

you might want to take a look at some articles about XML and knowledge
sharing
http://www.pcinews.com/com/com0600/anotheru.htm
http://www.intraware.com/ms/itwr/snws/990504_2.html
http://www.computer.org/itpro/cover_stories/may_june/perspectives1.htm
http://www.infostrat.com/PressRoom/news/press_XML.asp

and of course, and introduction to XML wouldn't hurt
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/1999/44/ns-11036.html or
 http://www.xml.com

hope this helps
MF