Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Regarding Macrobenthic algal growth/nutrient recycling
From: Frederick Uy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:23:28 GMT

This message is posted to you from ALGAE-L.

Dear Phycologists,
          Greetings! I am a graduate student of the University of San
Carlos, Philippines. I was hoping if somebody can help me. I would like to
know if there had been studies done on the role of echinoderm/ invertebrate
excretions in the growth of macrobenthic algae in tropical reef flats/coral
reefs. Although this might seem to be more on the echinoderm side but really
my concern is its effect on the growth of macrobenthic algae. If yes, I was
hoping if you could send the said study to this address:

Frederick A. Uy
Biology Department
University of San Carlos
Nasipit, Talamban
6000 Cebu City
Philippines

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciated it. Additional reprints on
nutrient recycling within a reef flat/ coral reef will also be accepted.
Thank you once again.

Regards,
Frederick