Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: attachments
From: "Frithjof.Kuepper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:30:40 +0000

This message is posted to you from ALGAE-L.

Dear Mike, dear fellow phycologists,

I think there is a widespread consensus for the need to stop the
transmission of attachments through this list, for once and ever -
nobody wants to get those MS Outlook-generated visit cards which are a
permanent bother in the attachments folder, and who has already
forgotten the "I love you" virus, that was also transmitted to all
subscribers of this list by a user of MS Outlook? The risk of spamming
and virus transmission through high-volume lists like ours is indeed
very high.

Mike, please, may I ask you as the administrator of this list to
change the LISTSERV settings so that attachments will no longer be
distributed? For those who have to exchange text files, images etc
nevertheless, I suggest to announce this in an e-mail withOUT
attachment to the list, and to distribute the concerning files only to
interested colleagues.

Thank you.

With best regards, Frithjof

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages
can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l/default.html
末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末