Subject: Re: Research project
From: "Mohta, Hemant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:32:46 -0700

Hi ,

Hows your project going on.
best of luck.

Hemant

-----Original Message-----
From: Sajjaporamest Thananchai
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 11:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Research project

Dear XML-EDI Group,

My name is Thananchai Sajjaporamest and I am an honours student in the
University of Melbourne. As part of my honours requirements, my research
topic is the classification and implementation of XML/EDI tools. In order to
conduct a case study, I am looking for an organisation who is implementing
to or planning to implement XML/EDI using a specific product. I am looking
forward to hear from you soon. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Thananchai Sajjaporamest

Research project details
---------------------------

The aims of this project are to classify the strategies for XML/EDI, and to
discover the technical and relevant business issues arising from the
implementation of a specific product in an organisation. A detailed case
study will be conducted in an organisation. In addition, a survey of XML/EDI
tools will be carried out.

The results of the study will be a classification of XML/EDI strategies, an
understanding of both the business and technical issues faced by an
organisation in implementing a specific XML/EDI product as well as their
experiences. Research findings should enable both tool vendors and IS
practitioners to better understand the many factors influencing
implementation process, resulting in their being more able to develop
effective strategies for introducing and implementing XML/EDI technologies
within their organisations.