Subject: Re: IBM AIX XML C Parser
From: J Bijma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:19:58 +1000

I have written a C++ Parser with the following properties

each node has
NodeType
NodeName
NodeValue
Vector of pointers to other nodes

In node value is stored:-
  Instruction text if PI node
  Text if text node
  Attributes if Element Node
  Comment if comment node etc...
Nodename stores the name of the element or TEXT or PI or DOCTYPE etc..

I figured that all that I need is an XML string as a tree of nodes,
I did not need a node/value pair as the application can do that with the
attribute string.
yes I do handle > < & ... substitution.

Some attempt was made to conform to the DOM interface specs.
I used a StringObject Class as the starting point.
The idea was that I can parse part of an XML string and add it to a Node in
an XML tree.

The purpose being the ability to pick out of many documents bits like
LineItems and add those line items to an XML tree, then the unparse could
write all the line items of many documents as one document.

If any one is Interested I will ZIP the source Code and send it to you,
I only have one condition::: that I get sent copies of this code when it has
been changed and other bits of code that may help me.
The parser was written in Borland C++ Builder 5 - but a deliberate effort
was made to keep it as generic as possible.

Regards
Trevor Croll
Litebook Computers
42 Pearse Street