Subject: how to stop nsgmls converting character entities to character symbols
From: Barbara Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 27 Oct 2000 05:03:46 +0100

I am using nsgmls to validate and parse XML documents which contain various
numeric entities (ie &#243;,  &#262; etc) for Latin/Greek/Cyrillic
characters.  By default nsgmls seems to convert any entities in the ascii
range of characters (up to &#255) to the actual character symbol.  Is there
any way to stop nsgmls from doing the conversion as I want to do my own
conversion to a mainframe compatible character (ie EBCIDIC).

thank you

Barbara Burke