XML-L October 2000

Re: importing footnotes in xml

Paul Kelly <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:40:54 +0100

RTF! But at the time a bespoke solution looked like the only way to do the
conversion we wanted. Maybe somebody now has an easier solution...

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten Reimer [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 October 2000 08:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: importing footnotes in xml

Hi all,

for a project concerned with publishing documents from 100-200 pages each we
are building an xml-dtd. Most of our text will come in as MS-Word or RTF
files with minimal formating (bold / italic and headlines) but with many
hundreds of footnotes. Is there an easy way of importing such documents in
xml? XML Spy for instance has no problem doing an import from MS-Word, but I
found no way of dealing with footnotes. Framemaker seems to be able to do
so, but if you use it just for this task it's a little bit expensive...

Thanks, Torsten