XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

XML-L Home

XML-L  September 2000

XML-L September 2000

Re: Is it as bad as this? Comments please.

Frank Boumphrey <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:28:51 -0400

Interesting.

We are in fact developing XML wrappers for ASC x12n strings as required by
hipaa. However we are just doing this to allow us manage our internal
storage of data. The electronic data is not sent as XML but as an ASC x12
deliniated character stream. The responses come back to us in the same form
and are then rewrapped in XML.

As the writter pointed out though the important thing is for everyone to
speak the same language whether it be a dialect of XML or an ASCII stream.

Frank