Subject: XML quote - not expecting a significant impact
From: "Kiel, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:04:45 -0400

Greetings,

My apologies for using the list for this info, but I have done extensive
searching unsuccessfully.  I am educating some colleagues about xml and its
history.  To emphasize its impact, I'd love to quote from an item I saw some
time ago.  It was a reference to an opinion coming out of w3c I think (early
on in xml development - perhaps even at the formation of the WG), stating
him/her/they/it thought xml would not have a significant impact.  At the
time I read it, I thought it would make a great item for a presentation.
Now I'm ready for this presentation, but can not relocate the quote.

I have searched every list archive I can think of to find this but cannot.
Can anyone help me with this quote?

Thanks.