Subject: Off topicness, &c. (was Re: Curious Letterspacing)
From: andy crewdson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:40:42 -0700

>Yes, I think he queried the 'appropriateness' of that topic on this
>list (and I didn't mean to ignore his concern)...but my thinking is
>that, as long as a topic is not grossly off the general theme of
>design, it is OK to discuss it here, and only those interested may
>choose to participate in a particular discussion. But maybe I'm
>wrong. If this topic should indeed find another 'home' where would it
>be?

Well, it's just that the discussion inevitably heads into very web-specific
territory, and doesn't seem to have much to do with type. I know that there
is a list dedicated to on-screen typography, and there are many, many lists
for the discussion of every aspect of web design.

TYPO-L is the list for typography.

Also, it seems like the issues that come up with regards to web design on
this list are important issues, but they're also issues which are discussed
all the time on the other lists... so the people interested in these topics
might do quite well to subscribe to some of the other lists.

andy