Subject: Re: Fitzgerald again
From: Curtis Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:02:07 -0700

At 10:28 AM 7/26/00 -0700, Gunnar Swanson wrote:
setting of L o s  A n g e le s in her 1980 ad for China Club (I think it's
in all three editions of Phil Meggs' -A History of Graphic Design-) is
typical of her lush spacing of Univers.

Assuming an equivalent space between the "l" and "e", it rocks in Lucida
Console as well. Maybe those of us still using  f i x e d  w i d t h  in
our email might start emulating German (and, btw, Croatian, at least in a
couple of books I've seen) practice and using it for  e m p h a s i s.

Biological Sciences Department             Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University      FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032  USA                  [log in to unmask]