Subject: Re: Standard sizes online
From: "Adam Twardoch (List)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:14:27 +0200

From: "Don Hosek" <[log in to unmask]>

> I run my browser windows tall and narrow, which gives me great readability
> on most websites

I, on the other hand, cannot do this. I prefer when the page is designed
with more narrow columns, but I myself never run the web browser other than
full-size. I hate it when I see the items on underlying windows or on the
desktop, and it distracts me a lot. That's why I hate to work with
Dreamweaver (although I do) and, generally, on a Mac.

Webdsigners: please _do_ specify a reasonable width and type size, but try
to give the user an ability to change it.

For instance, take a look at the page below, using all the links given

I know it's not easy to do in all cases, but we should try.