Subject: Re: prd?
From: Eric Bohlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:46:07 -0700

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Anoop singh wrote:

> Actually i  am developing the application from start but i do not want to
> use any RDBMS for data storage because i think if xml can be used as
> database then what is the point in using RDBMS

It looks to me like you're approaching this backwards.  Start with your
requirements for data storage and then compare how well the various
technologies meet those requirements.  It sounds like you're trying to
pick a technology first and then force-fit your requirements to it, and
while that's a very common temptation, it seldom results in good design.