Subject: Help needed
From: Eugene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Jun 2000 03:45:06 +0530

Hi,

I created a java application that reads SQL queries from a text
file, connects to Oracle, executes the queries and returns the results to an
XML file. I parse this file using the SAX API and apply an XSL stylesheet to
it, which is then displayed on the browser. All this works fine. However, i
have a requirement to format the XML and write it to an ascii (text) file
rather than a browser, which, i believe, means that i can't make use of the
XSL sheets anymore. I then used the Document Object Model (DOM) which lets
me parse the XML file but what i need to know is:
Is there some utility equivalent to the XSL sheets that lets me format the
XML file and write it to a txt file? I have the output data (that i got
using DOM) but i need to put that in a table, change font size and color,
and stuff like that.

Thanks
Eugene