Subject: Re: Doyald Young's Fonts & Logos (Was: books about type design)
From: Jean-Francois Porchez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Jun 2000 08:44:19 +0200

> I realize that recommending out of print books is a bit of a tease, but let
> me recommend this one, just printed, and being sold directly by it's author:
> Fonts & Logos by Doyald Young

Yeah, it's indeed very valuable books, the first and the second, more
focused on type design whith many example about the optical rules for design
typefaces in differents style.

It's so crazy that we don't think about them more early!

for exemples of the book.

Salutations, Jean-Francois Porchez
Porchez Typofonderie

Recent Gazette articles:
Recréation sans accent aïgu! by Alexis Zephir:
The value of Type by Erik van Blokland:
Who is behind Fontzone? an interview of Clive Bruton: