Subject: Re: Web Quotes was: New magazine
From: Leo Kantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 May 2000 18:01:51 -0300

Absolutist!!!

hhp wrote:
> I seems to me that you mean only make things like non-ASCII-7
> characters into bitmaps. But I'm talking about everything.

Well, more seriously:
Some favour flash for these issues. There are ways (easy ones) to ensure
that users without the required plug-in (a decreasing minority) have it
self-installed once they enter a website requiring it. It should take no
more than two minutes and then they have it perfectly installed to enjoy ANY
flash-savvy website (at least until there's a new version of the plug-in).
You can show, in a flash-savvy site, your content as you seem to want:
antialiased text, any font, any size.

Leo Kantor
Buenos Aires - Underdeveloped World

PS: I'm an ABSOLUTist too, heheh, hic! Hic!