Subject: Re: Fonts for On-line Manual
From: Ben Haskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 May 2000 01:35:17 -0700

Alexei Kostin wrote:
> Ben Haskell wrote:
> >Did somebody mention a 12 and a 10 point combination? You need 14 points
> >at least! (This may be a Mac-Centric view here.)
> Huh. 12/10 looks well enuf on my PC.

Is that at 400x600 resolution?

Seriously, I find that all screen fonts are yucky on either 15inch
(600x800) or 17inch (624x832) mac screens untill you go to 14 points or
above. But this may be related to previous threads about Web Design in
which a 12 point font on a mac screen "uses 12 pixels" while 16 pixels
are used on a pc screen, in which case a 12 point font on a pc is like a
14 to 16 point font on a mac.

-- Ben Haskell