Subject: concerned about *serious* historical errors which open one recent book on handwriting
From: "Kate Gladstone & Andrew S. Haber" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 May 2000 22:24:10 -0400

What would you do if you read the following statement on page 1 of a book
about handwriting (in a chapter titled "History of Handwriting")?

""The Romans originally intended to alternate their lower case letters[,]
having every other one extend to the height of the capitals. But when they
reached the letter 'n' they decided not to continue this method and the only
upper extended letter after that was the 't' which was only half as high as
the other looped letters."

Would you want to say something to the author and/or publisher?

If so, let me know and I'll tell you how to reach the people responsible for
this piece of ... uh, writ.
      (I contacted them once - months ago, on discovering the error - and
was "brushed off": perhaps if they heard from more people, they might wake
up.)

Yours for better letters,
Kate Gladstone - Handwriting Repair
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair
325 South Manning Boulevard
Albany, NY 12208-1731
518/482-6763 *or*  (for toll-free dialing in the USA/Canada)
ENTER ACCESS CODE 04 at my new 800 number, 800/394-9482 (800/EX-HW-ITAlic),
access code 04
    (remember:
    EX for EXcellent, HW for HandWriting, ITA for ITAlic ... then, access
code 04)
AND REMEMBER ... you can order books through my site! (Amazon.com link - I
get a 5% - 15% commission on each book sold)