Subject: Re: MP3 (was: Transitional period)
From: Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 May 2000 23:06:02 +1200

> Wrong.
>
> The german computer magazine c't did an open blind test. Nearly
> nobody was able to distinguish between 256kps mp3 and cd. You
> won't be able too.

I can and I do hear the differences. But keep in mind that I've been a hi-fi
writer for 14 years and perhaps it's not surprising.

If, fr'instance, you are into wines, then you'll probably be able to taste
flavours within those wines that I wouldn't notice, and probably wouldn't
care about either.

btw, I note you say that "nearly nobody was able to dintinguish", which
suggests that some people were reliably able to tell the difference. Surely
this disproves your contention?

design&image - where design meets business!
Phone 09-478 1301 or 025-499 975. Fax 09-476 9122.
http://www.design-image.co.nz