Subject: Re: Web Quotes was: New magazine
From: Ron Koster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 May 2000 15:02:40 -0400

At 11:47 AM 5/10/2000 -0700, Hrant H. Papazian wrote:
> > Perhaps saving the "web-unfriendly" characters as GIF images?
>
>No way, dude: changing the text size
>would cause a major typological disaster!  :-)

That indeed is exactly the problem. In general, text on a Mac is smaller
than on PCs, but anyone and everyone has the option of setting their
preferences to something other than the default font size(s) that their
browsers are set at -- and this is especially relevant for people with
vision problems, of course. Plus it's kind-of buggy if and when that image
just happens to fall at the end or beginning of a line, as I know myself
from having once experimented with a teeny-weeny little GIF for an em-dash
-- which worked perfectly except when it just happened to be where the line
wrapped, and which one can never predict (not to mention the above font
size issue).

Ron :/

Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.
Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they
really are or people might think we're stupid. - Jules Feiffer

Allow me to introduce my selves... http://www.psymon.com
Digital art, dreams & fantasies... http://www.psymon.com/art/