Re: Ye superscript

Ron Koster <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 May 2000 19:47:35 -0400

At 04:28 PM 5/19/2000 -0700, Vladimir G Ivanovic wrote:
>Here is a little LaTeX program which generates your "ye" using a font
>size of 70 points
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{palatino}
> \begin{document}
> \fontsize{70pt}{80pt}\selectfont % leading = 1.2 x fontsize
> y\raisebox{0.5ex}{\fontsize{46.667pt}{56pt}e} % `e' is 2/3 of `y'
> \end{document}
>The result can be viewed at

Interesting. That file get's distilled by Acrobat, but ends up coming out
with the "e" exactly the same point size as the "y" -- but I presume that
from what you're saying (i.e. in your "equation" thingie there) that the
"e" should actually be set at 2/3 the size?

I'll let you and Roy (and whomever else) fight that one out.<g>

Ron ;)

Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.
Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they
really are or people might think we're stupid. - Jules Feiffer

Allow me to introduce my selves...
Digital art, dreams & fantasies...