Subject: Re: Transitional period
From: Laurence Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2000 18:14:38 +0100

Jill Bell:
>Of course software that consists of small files such as type got hit
>first and hardest by bootlegging. The music industry is now hurting,
>and soon it will be film.

Good point about film being next in line after fonts and music. Ebooks have
to look out too - anything that people like to build up a library of.

Funny that 2D art does not seem (to me) nearly so vulnerable as the above
foursome, maybe because a good representation on screen is still a long way
from a good print, but perhaps because the average punter doesn't care to
build up a "library" of it.

-- Laurence