Subject: Re: Attachments
From: "Hrant H. Papazian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 May 2000 13:22:45 -0700

Peter Flynn wrote:
> I am aware that some lists have a convention of
> allowing certain types of attachment for the
> circulation of common files

Call me a softie, but I don't believe in *unnecessary* restrictions
on something. I would allow GIF and JPEG attachments, and trust the
poster not to go overboard on the relevance or the size. And if
there's a way to reject attachments that are over 10K or something,
then let's do it. Note that some posts can over 10K in *text*, and
something being in ASCII doesn't necessarily mean it's relevant to
the list anyway!

hhp