Subject: Re: XML and inheritence (reuse DTDs)
From: Jean-Christophe Trouilhet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 4 May 2000 17:30:25 +0100

> Does XML schema suppose to fix this kind of design? or I
> have to look somewhere eles?

I am not familiar with XML because just started to learn it, but I think the
direction to look into is the way C/C++ cope with re-including include
files. There is a preprocessor directive that avoid re-including a file. In
your case of c.dtd, it could be something like:

#ifndef  __C_DTD
    #define __C_DTD
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!ELEMENT c EMPTY>
#endif

I don't know if there is such a mechanism in the XML parsers but it might be
worth investigating.

JC