Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: DIL
From: Neil McLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:16:01 +0800

List members will be aware that I have applied to my University for partial
funding for a project to set up a website to collect published corrections
and additions to the Dictionary of the Irish Language.

I have a meeting with my University's Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research) next
Wednesday morning (26 April). She has asked me to provide her with details
of "University (or non-University) centres dealing with the Irish language".

What I would propose to supply to her instead is information about
Universities with staff working in Old Irish or any of the language's later
manifestations (Scots Gaelic, Manx, Modern Irish) on the grounds that staff
in these areas might be interested in the project. I would also add
non-University institutions such the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies,
The Royal Irish Academy, and (I guess) Comhra i nGaeilge na hEireann.

I will spend some time web-surfing to come up with this list. But if anyone
can point me to pre-existing lists, or provide me with entries for mine, I
would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Neil
Professor Neil McLeod