Subject: Re: House Industries.
From: andy crewdson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:29:50 -0700

>>http://www.houseindustries.com/
>
>As you say, TJ. Bloody good marketing. Cheap and cheerful fonts.
>Supermarket take-away quality.
>
>Roy P(assable)

I would disagree... and say that HOUSE are well above "take-away/passable"
quality. Not specifically their outlines/spacing and such (since they're
display faces, anyhow)... but HOUSE (and Andy Cruz specifically) are in my
opinion exceptional and in the top tier of '90s display type designers.
Their stuff is darn expressive & artful; I think they've
reinterpreted/recapitulated American vernacular lettering of the past 40 or
so years (and other genres, of course) in a very brilliant way. Their stuff
is strongly American, so it may be that you non-Americans might not have
the same context in which to place their work which us yanks have.

Andy