Subject: Verse in two lings
From: Cyan Cernwnos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:12:06 -0700

I have this Welsh fragment = =

-. Gwelais fesen cyn gweled derwen
-. Gwelais wy cyn gweled iar wynn
-. Erioed ni welais XxXxXxXxX.

And it matches this Breton fragment = =

-. Gweliz mez ken gwelet derven
-. Gweliz vi ken gwelet iar wenn
-. Erioez ne wiliz evelhenn.

In English = =

-. I have seen acorns before I saw oak
-. I have seen an egg before I saw a white hen
-. Never have I seen the like of this.

Questions, 1. What would be the Welsh ( at
XxXxXxXx) that would complete the fragment
most like the Breton??
2. Does anyone have the text of the whole
Welsh story? (About fairy-initiated abductions
in Glamorgan, and preparing a stew for an
entire farm crew inside half an eggshell!)
It is paraphrased in D. Parry Jones 'Welsh
Legends'