Subject: Re: do you know about World Book Day?
From: Laurence Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:04:19 -0000

>Do you know about World Book Day?
>
>I have just learned that there is a holiday called World Book Day - World
>Book Day aims to celebrate books and remind us of the important role
>they play in enriching our lives and in supporting learners of all ages -
it
>is set as 10-March-2000 - no, I have no info on who instituted it or how it
>is observed.

Microsoft just bought the rights and renamed it World eBook Day. Look out
for sponsored family-oriented bonfires of old-fashioned paper books in your
area! For every book you commit to the flames you get $0.01 off Microsoft's
new Reader software.

Bill's kicking off the proceedings himself by burning some old Italian
manuscripts that he doesn't want any more: now that he's scanned and OCR'ed
them, he can do text-searches, dodgy translations and cool stuff like
that...

-- Laurence