Subject: Re: Good starting point
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:37:36 -0500

At 05:07 PM 02/15/2000 -0700, Travis Reeder wrote:
>Does anyone have any good starting points for getting started with
>implementing XML.  No the syntax or anything, but actual implementation.

I hate to sound like I'm nitpicking, but what do you mean by "implement"?
Do you mean you'd like to see examples of XML in action? Or how to build
XML apps in [C/C++/Java/Javascript/ASP/Perl/Python/etc.]? Or...?

There are a variety of good starting points, but determining which ones are
best depends really on what you're looking for... give an example or two of
that and someone will probably chime in with, "Oh, sure, you need to look
at http://somesite.com or Book X."

???

Aside from the XML FAQ, at:
         http://www.ucc.ie/xml/
arguably the "master site" for anything even remotely XML- or SGML-related
is Robin Cover's site:
         http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/
It can take some digging, depending on how much you know about what you
want to know (as the saying goes), but IMO if there's a question that can
be asked about XML, its answer is linked to from somewhere on Robin's site.
Very much up-to-date, too -- every day, as far as I know.

John E. Simpson            |  My girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep
[log in to unmask]        |  good?" I said, "No, I made a few
http://www.flixml.org      |  mistakes." (Stephen Wright)