Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  February 2000

AFRIK-IT February 2000

Outsourced Web Server with Affiliate-Reseller Program

Enzo Delucchi <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:13:58 EST

At GLOBAL EMPORIUM (tm), we are pleased to inform you that we joined the
excellence in the Global Outsourced Web Industry offer, with an excellent
Affiliate-Reseller Program as well

Rackspace.com at

http://www.rackspace.com/cgi-bin/banner/553

""
What the Press says:
Rackspace.com Announces Availability of Instant Setup Internet Servers
Internet Servers Up-and-Running in One Hour Via Online Selection Process

SAN ANTONIO — Jan. 31, 2000 — Rackspace.com, the leader in outsourced
Internet servers, today announced the company’s Instant SetUp service
offering, allowing customers with an immediate need for Internet servers to
be up-and-running in one hour by selecting from a choice of six server
configurations available online through www.rackspace.com. Rackspace.com will
offer pre-configured Linux, Cobalt RAQ and Windows NT servers to its
customers in its instant setup plan.

“This is another first in our industry. We see growing demand from existing
and prospective customers for a quick turnaround,” said Graham Weston, chief
executive officer of Rackspace.com. “The range of pre-configured servers that
we are now making available will meet the need that more and more businesses
have for ‘right now’ service. We’re building speed into the equation.”

Traditionally, it requires an average of seven to 10 days to bring an
Internet server online, with a large additional “express” fee incurred to
meet a quick-turnaround time frame. Rackspace.com pioneered the first 24 hour
customized Internet server and now offers one-hour instant setup for only a
small additional charge. Rackspace.com’s speedy deployment of servers allows
customers to remove infrastructure planning time from their schedules and
accelerate the process to bring a Web site online.

“We make it possible for customers to focus on site content and wait until
the last possible minute to configure a server,” said Weston. “Customers
should not have to spend time researching, buying and configuring their
server. We can do all of that for them with our
‘just-in-time infrastructure’ business model, enabling them to spend
valuable capital and time on business development and marketing rather than
hardware and bandwidth.”

Rackspace will offer Linux and NT servers built to the following
specifications –
350 MHz, 256MB RAM, an 8 GB hard drive and one IP address and a dual
450 MHz processor, 512 mg RAM, an 18 GB SCZI hard drive and one IP address.
Both will come with RAID1 and two gigabytes of bandwidth.

The company will also offer the Cobalt RAQ 2 with 256MB RAM, two 13GB hard
drives in RAID 1 configuration, 2 gigabytes of bandwidth and one IP address.
The RAQ 3 will have 128MB RAM, 8GB hard drive, 2 gigabytes of bandwidth and
one IP address.

The market for outsourced Web servers is growing rapidly as small and
medium-sized businesses migrate from other hosting options, such as virtual
hosting and colocation. Forrester Research has projected that the market for
outsourced web servers will grow from $152 million at the end of 1998 to more
than $5.3 billion by 2003.

About Rackspace.com

http://www.rackspace.com/cgi-bin/banner/553

Rackspace.com is the leader in outsourced Internet servers.
It provides its customers with a first class data center, a customized
Internet server, burstable bandwidth, operating system, 24 x 7 management and
hardware and software expertise. Rackspace.com provides these services for a
single monthly fee to web developers, e-businesses and application service
providers with a web hosting budget between $500 and $10,000 a month. In
addition, Rackspace.com’s Smooth Scaling ä enables businesses to upgrade
easily, adding bandwidth or server capacity upon demand.

By using outsourced Internet servers from Rackspace.com, businesses benefit
from the technical and economic advantages of avoiding the large upfront
equipment, infrastructure and ongoing technical support costs associated with
colocation or having their own data center. Rackspace.com manages the largest
installed base of Linux servers in the world. The company is based in San
Antonio, Texas, and has customers in more than 40 countries across the globe.
The company was founded in 1998.

A visit and your very welcome comments are of essemce:

Thanks

Enzo G Delucchi
President/CEO
GLOBAL EMPORIUM (tm)
IT and ASP Consulting and Management
for the Global NextGeneration NetPreneur

New York City, NY 10019
212-262-4262
603-699-0250 (e-fax)

Rackspace.com Affiliate