Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: convert CPM to DPM
From: xiaoming qin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:01:39 -0500

Hi, all,

I am a graduate student in Bowling Green State University, OH, US.
Our lab is working on the physiological responses of several diatoms
and green algae under Fe stress conditions. One of the experiments is
to perform photosynthetic measurements. We measure C-14 uptake over a
light gradient in a temperature-controlled "photosynthetron" by
liquid-scintillation counting (1min) so that we can generate the P-I
curves. However, due to several reasons, we can only get the data of
CPM, but we need the DPM data to perform calculation. Does anyone
know the formula which can convert CPM to DPM? Any suggestion will be
highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

xiaoming

listserver list run by [log in to unmask]
You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to
[log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text.
If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner.