Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

From: Jon R Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Dec 1993 18:27:28 +0000

2nd mail attempt - sorry if you get two.
I am trying to learn gaelic.  I have developed a number of wee computer
programs and a small (1K words dictionary) to help me.  The programs are
written in C on a SUN but will also run on MS DROS.

The interface is cheap and nasty but works!  You can search for
words (Beurla or Gaidhlig), add words to the
dictionary, ask the machine to test you on all words, recent words, verbs,
nouns etc.  The system tracks the number of correct/ incorrect answers and
can also quiz you on groups of 'problem' words (ones you can't get right).
The dictionary and the code is under heavy development over Christmas but
anybody is welcome to a beta release.
Mail to [log in to unmask] for a copy
Mail to [log in to unmask] for a chat!
jon