Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Domhnach Ca/sca
From: Gerry Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Apr 1999 20:35:29 GMT

Maidin inniu, Domhnach Ca/sca, chuaigh me go Pointe-Claire, a/it i
nOilea/n Mhontrea/l a bhfuil muillean ghaoithe (an ceart e/ sin?) ar
bhruach an loch chun freastal ar seirvi/s uilechoiteann, dha/-theangach
(Be/arla agus Frainci/s).  Slua mo/r daoine a bhi/ ann a bhailigh ar a
seacht a chlog.  Daoine as gach eaglais is se/ipe/al in a/r gceanntar,
idir Protastu/nach agus Caitliceach, Frainci/s agus Be/arla,  baillithe
chun fa/ilte a chur chun an Tiarna Aise/irithe. Agus in a/r measg,
sagart o/g as mo pharo/iste - fear a iompaigh o/ Giu/dachas.  Ag an
no/imead di/reach a thosnaigh an seirbhi/s tha/naig ealta ge/ Ceannadach
o/s a/r gcionn i cgruthu/ "v".  Ba a/ilinn an radharc i/ ar fad - mar
slua aingil ag fo/gairt, "Ta/ an Tighearna aise/irithe go deimhin!
Alleluia!"

This morning, Easter Sunday, I went to Pointe-Claire, a place on the
Island of Montreal where there is a windmill on the shore of the lake, to
attend an ecumenical, bilingual (French and English) service.  A large
group of people gathered there at seven o'clock.  People from every
church and chapel in our area, Protestant and Catholic, French and
English, to welcome the risen Lord.  And amongst us, a young priest from
my parish, a convert from Judaism.  Just as the service began, a flock
of Canada geese flew in "v" formation over our heads.  It was a
beautiful sight altogether - it was just like a flock of angels,
proclaiming, "The Lord is risen indeed. Alleluia!"