Subject: Re: Politically Correct
From: ANGELA PICCINI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:23:28 GMT0BST

My reference to bagpipes was in no way aimed at you as I certainly
wouldn't define Scottishness in such a closed way.  However, there is
significant interest on this list in traditional music--which is what
I was referring to.  My only crime was to say that's not my big
interest.  I was certainly not pigeonholing you, nor those with
musical interest.
My raising the issue of cultural affiliation as a discussion topic
has certainly touched on some raw nerve.  Perhaps my next difficult
question should be 'why all the defensiveness'?
still surfing the wave of invective,