Subject: Re: The great god SAMHAIN
From: Danielle Ni Dhighe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Nov 1999 22:51:27 -0800

At 10:23 PM 11/5/99 , Paul Curran wrote:
 >This is not as bizarre as it sounds.  There are similarities between
 >Celtic society and Indian society.

Of course.  They are both Indo-European cultures, which is why we see
similarities.  The further back in time one goes, the more apparent some of
the similarities become.

 >Also I heard a story of when the British were first in India, they had
 >Irish speaking troops and they were able to speak to some of the tribes
 >there

I find this unlikely.  No Indo-European language spoken in India would be
that closely related to any of the Celtic languages.

Danielle Ni Dhighe * [log in to unmask] * http://www.morrigan.net/
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller