Subject: MSXML & character entities
From: Paul Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:29:57 -0000

Has anyone got any experience with Microsoft's MS XML parser?

I'm using it to work on some XML files, and when I save a file back out,
character entities like:

are changed into non-ASCII characters - I would guess it is saving them as
Unicode. I want to preserve the character entity encoding, but specifying
encodings like UTF-8 in the <?xml ...?> processor instruction at the start
of the file doesn't seem to have much effect.

Any ideas anyone?